A new game rig arrived today. I guess there is not much to say except what it consists:
- Intel Core 5i 3570K (3400) Quad Core Ivy Bridge with 6 MB Cache
- The CPU is cooled by a Cooler Master V8 (a damn huge thing)
- I am using two Barracuca 7200.12 SATA-3 750 GByte for my games and data
- I am using a Samsung SSD 830 128GByte for my OS
- The PSU is a Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620 watt
- The CPU is on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX motherboard
- The little baby gets 16 GByte of RAM (4×4) from Corsair (XMS3, CL9-9-9-24, 1600 MHz, 1.5V)
- The graphic card is a Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTX670 Phantom II with 2 GByte RAM
- All that is in a Cooler Master CM 620 II Advanced chassis
- At first I wanted to leave out the DVD drive, but then got a Samsung SH-222BB/RSMS anyway.
As this is my gaming rig, I am using Windows 7 SP1 64bit Professional.
To make sure I do see all the games in good quality I added a 24” Asus ML248H LED monitor.
The building itself went remarkably easy so far. I surely hope I didn’t push my luck too much 😉